6 of the most expensive perfume ingredients in the world
If you have thumbed through a beauty magazine, you have seen a fragrance sampler page. You think that it is the most amazing scent ever, then you realize how expensive it is. Why? You may ask yourself. Well, the answer is the; ingredients.
1. Ambergris – This ingredient comes from the sperm whale; that is the vomit of the whale. The vomit is secreted from the intestinal wall inside of the whale’s stomach. It is used to make the fragrance have longer lasting power.
2. Orris – Perfume experts have named Orris, as one of the top 3 most expensive ingredients worldwide. It takes between 2 to 5 years to produce. This ingredient comes from the root of the Iris flower.
3. Oud – An expensive wood that is taken from the agarwood tree produces Oud. This tree is located in Asia, the universal market for Oud is in the millions.
4. Jasmine Oil – Jasmine is very challenging according to, perfume experts to acquire into a fragrance. The higher the concentration of the oil, the higher the price goes.
5. Rose Oil – The roses are hand-picked at a certain time of the day, then put through a rigorous extraction process.
6. Musk Oil – This ingredient is secreted from the glands of a male musk deer. The deer is killed, this causes the deer population to decrease. Therefore, it becomes more difficult to obtain.